Yay, I actually made my first batch of chocolate chip cookies from scratch the other day for the first time ever! I got the following recipe from allrecipes.com – and for the life of me, I can’t find the the link of the exact one that I used – but there are so many different kinds and I can’t wait to try some of the others. The following recipe made about 3 dozen. These would make a great “Thank You” gift – just put in a nice little box you can pick up at Michael’s or any packaging store, drop off with a little note and you’re good to go.
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls to ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
The flour I used was half white half wheat bran – I was little worried it would taste a little different, but everyone loved it! I got this cute box from Daiso, die cut piece from my stash and printed out the label using Publisher. Go and surprise someone with this yummy treat, they’ll love you for it 🙂