I am not much of a fruit eater – although I have been really trying for the baby’s sake. I just find that I buy fruit… and before I can finish it, it goes bad! I’m not even gonna talk about how spoiled fruit is so gross to a preggy lady. But bananas on the other hand, are perfect for me – when it gets to the point where they are getting too ripe to eat, I make banana muffins! I have tried lots of different kinds of banana bread recipes – but they are either too soggy in the middle, or they just don’t taste right! I got this recipe from Allrecipes.com – BUT I looked at several recipes and the different comments and tweaked it to my version of banana muffin perfection!
– 1/2 cup of butter, softened
– 1/2 cup of white sugar
– 1/2 cup of brown sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 1/2 cup of mashed bananas
– 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease and flour pan.
2) Cream butter, white and brown sugar together until smooth. Beat in eggs, then bananas. Add flour, baking soda and vanilla extract, stirring until combined.
3) Pour into prepared pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 15minutes (you can check if it’s ready by poking with a toothpick – if it comes out clean, then it’s done!)
* Feel free to add walnuts or pecans. I added crushed pecans to mine and it was awesome!
* Some ovens are different – I had read on allrecipes to bake it for an hour – and I burnt them, I read another recipe that said 45mins – again, I burnt them. 15minutes was perfect for me… but if you’re making this for the first time, keep an eye out to see how long yours takes to finish baking.