Beef Caldereta is one of my favorite things to make – thanks to a girlfriend of mine who told me a super easy way to make it in the slow cooker.
- One pouch of Mama Sita’s Caldereta Mix (you can find this in the asian section of your grocery store or at any filipino food store)
- Stew Cut Beef
- 4 Medium Potatoes (I used red) cut into one inch cubes
- 3 or 4 Carrots cut
- Frozen Peas (as much as you desire)
1) Semi-cook the beef in a pot of boiling water. Cook just enough for the meat to turn white and remove the blood from the meat. Drain and place in your slow cooker.
2) Add your cut up potatoes, carrots and peas.
3) Mix the Caldereta mix with 1 1/2 cups of water. Pour with the rest of the ingreditents.
4) Cook on high for 6 hours.
You can also add some green or red bell peppers if you like (my guy doesn’t like peppers, so I don’t use them in any of my dishes) 🙂
I try to make beef caledereta at least once every two weeks or so because Penny Pie loves it! Everything in it is soft from being in the slow cooker so it’s great for a baby’s mouth and tummy as well as getting her nutrition from the veggies 🙂 I hope you enjoy it as much as our family does!